Skills Audit – Review your
strengths and weaknesses and confidence in the following areas:
|
Project Management:
|
| I tend to do as much work as I can in my own time, how much I am able to do usually depends on other work that I might be given or other personal things. |
Research and Ideas Generation:
|
| I'm normally able to come up with ideas easily, putting them onto paper is harder however, and takes a lot more time. I could easily do more research than I usually do. |
Drawing Techniques:
|
| I'm quite confident in my drawing, but how well I draw has always depended on what I'm drawing. (e.g. people are easier to draw than animals) |
Adobe Photoshop:
|
| I know the basics to Photoshop and will likely have no trouble with it. |
Adobe Illustrator:
|
| I can use Illustrator quite well and don't really expect to have many, if any, problems. |
NewTek LightWave - Modeler:
|
| I've only used it a few times and have only grasped some of the basics with this program. I'm most likely going to have at least one big problem throughout the project. |
Assignment Structure – Ask
yourself the following questions:
|
Are you clear about the timescale
available?
|
| Yes, my deadline is on the 28th of March |
Do you understand what elements of the
unit are being assessed?
|
| I need to create a robot sidekick for the SecondLife community and I understand what elements are being assessed in this unit. |
Do you understand the scenario and the
reasons for carrying out the assignment?
|
| I understand the scenario. The assignment's purpose is for me to be able to devise 3D models, create 3D models following industry practice and use project management techniques commonly used in the games industry. |
Have you visited the Second Life community
and the SL Market Place? What are your impressions?
|
| I have visited the SL Marketand watched a video that showcases the SecondLife community. I couldn't care less about the community. The market seems to have quite a diversity of character models to choose from, however, it looks like the models of the pretty much naked women get the most attention. |
What is your goal for this assignment?
|
| My goal is to create a thoroughly though out and visually appealing robot character to act as a sidekick for the players in the SecondLife community. |
Constraints – What is going to cause you problems in
this project (technical, time, legal and ethical issues etc.) and what will
you do to solve these problems?
The biggest problem for me would probably be the "Modeler" program, I don't have it at home and haven't fully gotten the basics. There isn't much I can do about it to be honest, besides spending more time in college after classes when I can. |
No comments:
Post a Comment